1. The Airport started with the development of Sustainability Reports on a yearly basis – various aspects regarding the daily operations of the company were presented and described in a transparent manner, together with their outcomes on the overall environment, including on surrounding communities;
2. All progress towards the sustainable development of the airport was disseminated transparently to the communities and highlighted the positive outcomes of daily airport operations in the region. This decision aimed for rising the credibility of the airport, as well as enhancing its reputation in this area;
3. The Matrix of Materiality (see Figure 2) was used to communicate sustainably and effectively by considering the priorities drawn from interactive dialogue with the relevant stakeholder groups. This matrix contributes to an in-depth understanding of the company's view regarding what means sustainable development, together with their perspective on most relevant areas – from environmental issues to economic and broader social aspects. Since 2017, the Matrix of Materiality was harmonised with the sustainability guidelines of the airport;
Figure 2. Matrix of Materiality (source: Fraport Slovenija Sustainability Report 2017)
4. The Matrix of Materiality helped to establish clear goals, which vary according to each stakeholder and range from satisfaction and motivation (employees), to customer satisfaction (passengers and airport visitors), achieving common sustainable goals (business partners) or establishing and maintaining good relations, together with ensuring a high-quality environment for the local communities;
5. Regarding a better way to manage noise complaints, the airport developed different communication channels to submit complaints so that every person could use the channel that is the most familiar to him/ her (phone call, e-mail, social media etc.);
6. Continuous attention is given to maintaining good and ethical relations, together with positive dialogue with all the stakeholders of the company, in order to facilitate appropriate development of projects for a cleaner and healthier environment, to manage all the energy resources responsibly and to focus on ensuring noise protection.